December 1, 2008

Life...

What can I say about Life..

Its an amazing gift. Its something taken for granted every second...

I take so many things for granted.

I'm so confused.

What do I do?

Is it selfish? Not going to his funeral? I want to go. 
My mom said I shouldn't drive home when I'm sad.

...I've never been to a funeral...

I don't know if I can handle it. I don't think I can

I've never seen a dead body. Let alone someone I've known. Someone I've talked to. Laughed with. Hugged. 

Someone I survived Chemistry with...
Someone I sat next to on the bus everyday.. 

I miss him.

He was 18...

Why!!?

Death is so confusing.


Lord please help me understand...
___________________________________________
a ringing noise. hear those words. 
drop the phone.
head to the car and drive.

pull up to the place. 

pale faces in black. 

lord, please comfort us

give us the understanding we lack

looking around and all I could think was



these tears, they burn my eyes.
i never expected there'd be no goodbyes.

i fall to my knees, unable to breathe

and I plead. and I pray. and I wish.

you would tell me how to get through this. 

out of the blue. 
you just leave us here.

tell me it's not true.
tell me you're still near.
i hear voices telling me not to fear.

i see faces swelling with tears.

showing me the plan that's His
and all I can think is...

these tears, they burn my eyes.

i never expected there'd be no goodbyes.
i fall to my knees unable to breathe
and I plead. and I pray. and I wish.

you would tell me how to get through this. 
 ___________________________________________


Please pray for Samuel Ritchie, and his family.


and pray for understanding.


Love,
Kyara

P.S. To anyone I've ever talked to ever, I love you, no matter what.

1 comment:

  1. i do remember...in art, too...i remember him fondly. :(
    you wrote this beautifully.
    it says everything there is to say.
    i hope you find peace and clarity, and that you're okay in the midst of all of this.
    it truly is awful.

    ReplyDelete