December 18, 2008

Concerts 2008

This was a previous post to my myspace blog. I've edited to include the concerts I did attend.


Key:

1 heart = Want to Go
2 heart = Might Go
3 heart = Definitely Going



<3
Winter Jam Tour with Mercy Me, Skillet, Barlow Girl, New Song, Group 1 Crew, and PureNRG. --I'm going on a Leaders' Club social in Birmingham this day anyways, so Ashleigh and I are just going to chill the rest of the day since we'll already be up there, the cost is $10 at the door. Amazing! :]--- did not attend. 

February 23rd: 
<333
Eleventyseven at Bethlehem United Methodist Church in Buford Georgia. Quite a drive for me, but its on a Saturday! Looks like its only Eleventyseven playing, but if this is the only time they'll be even in my range, then I'm going to go. Plus, I'll get to meet up with Sara again, and possibly Ashlea and the Alfonsos. It depends on my parents.. I've asked them about 3 times, and each time they just remained silent.. I'm guessing their still thinking. A 3.5 hour drive alone is quite a lot. --I definitely went! It was awesome! 


June 11-14th: 
<3
Ichthus Festival. I probably would only go for one day, that day being the day Eleventyseven is at Ichthus. Because if all goes well, I'll already be up in Nashville for my freshmen orientation at Belmont, and when its over, I might try convincing my dad to let us go up there and see them before we go all the way back down to Alabama. So I don't know which day I'll be going to just yet. ---Did not go.

June 21, 2008
<333
I had just finished a week of spiritual rejuvenation and got to end it with a day with my friends from Eleventyseven. The show was in Opelika, AL at a football stadium. It was a free event that had entertainment all day, a sort of festival. Eleventyseven was awesome. The End.

June 30: 
<3
Cornerstone Festival. Ahh.. the infamous cornerstone festival. Not sure about that this year. After last year's fiasco. I'm probably too busy this summer to go, but that doesn't deter my hopes. --Nope.

August 20th, 2008

Jonas Brothers in Atlanta, Georgia at the Lakewood Amphitheater! This was my biggest concert to date. Strangely enough, however, I payed more for the December Relient K show through fees and stuff than I did for this one. But I also had Lawn Seats, lol. I'm quite mad about the Jonas Brothers as of recently, because the Ryman announced their show the day they were putting the tickets on sale, so only the people who checked all the time found out about the show on Jan. 4th, o well. The show in August was uhhmazing!


October 5th-7th: 
<33
There will be a Freedom Experience in Decatur, Alabama. This is currently 3.5 hours away from where I live. But, next October I will be living in Nashville, only 1-2 hours away from Decatur. Assuming that Eleventyseven is playing Freedom experience next fall, I'll probably try to make it out to one or two of the days. Not just for E7, but Group 1 Crew and Brock Gill also. Because they're all so amazing, and I hear Brock has some new tricks. :] FX is free so yea. Thats all I've seen so far, but rest assured, there will be plenty more as the year progresses. 

October 12:
<333>
Eleventyseven and Wavorly in Chattanooga, TN. This show was .. interesting. I drove 2 hours to see my friends in 11ty7. When I got there we hung around and then went to Panera. I had to pay to get into the show, because there were more people on the guest list than there were people paying to see the show. Its okay though, because Caleb payed for my dinner to make up for it. It was kind of sad that only like.. 4 people came out to see the show. Which just shows what a crappy job the promoters did, but w/e. Eleventyseven's set was awesome as usual, and the guys in the first local band came out and danced around so it was fun. Wavorly was reallly good music-wise, though there were less people there for their set even though they were headlining.

October 17th, 2008
<333
MSTRKRFT. They are a group that mixes music together and its basically one giant rave party. Yep.

December 5th:
<333
This, is an amazing story.
I already wrote a blog about it on this account, but nevertheless. This was the day I saw Tobymac, Family Force 5, and B Reith, but most importantly, Relient K-- for only my second time. Relient K blows me away every time. I love them. It was at the Sommet Center in Nashville, TN.

Besides those listed above, I have also been to a bunch of local Nashville shows. Mostly consisting of indie or Belmont Bands. I've also met Brad Paisley and Josh Turner, and saw Trisha Yearwood and Josh Turner do a couple songs at Belmont. But, I'm not a huge fan of country so it wasn't as exciting. Some awesome Belmont bands you should check out are: Heck Yes!, Kopecky Family Band, The Only Good Thing About the Forties, and Have You Heard.


List of Bands I Have Seen: 

  • Relient K x 2
  • Jonas Brothers!
  • Superchick 
  • Family Force 5 x 2
  • Stellar Kart x 2
  • Seventh Day Slumber 
  • Thousand Foot Krutch 
  • Toby Mac x 2
  • Krystal Meyers 
  • DecembeRadio x 2
  • Nevertheless 
  • Group 1 Crew x 5
  • Mercy Me 
  • Audio Adrenaline 
  • Aarron Shust 
  • Sanctus Real 
  • Skillet 
  • KJ-52 
  • Rush of Fools
  • Building 429 
  • Mandisa
  • MSTRKRFT
  • Wavorly
  • B Reith
  • Heck Yes!
  • The Only Good Thing about the Forties
  • Have You Heard
List of Band to See:

  • Coldplay
  • Switchfoot
  • Anberlin
  • Flatfoot 56
  • The MAINE
  • All Time Low
  • Iron and Wine
  • Fireflight
  • Lifehouse
  • We the Kings
  • Death Cab for Cutie
  • MGMT
  • Girl Talk
  • Kings of Leon
  • Taylor Swift
  • One Republic
  • Vampire Weekend

3 comments:

  1. ahh. some good concerts..


    i havent seen 11ty7 in over a year and iam excited cause they are coming here again for the first time in a while in like marchish

    ReplyDelete
  2. that should be good, eleventyseven is always fun! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete